I specialized in Phonetics with emphasis in speech sound analysis, linguistic data analysis, and experiment & research design in my academic career. I also tinker with discourse analysis, kinesiology, and Eurasian studies.
Bodybuilding, wrestling, creative anachronism, hiking and orienteering, snowmobiling, metal music and online gaming keep me stimulated when I'm not working.
M.A. in Eurasian Studies
2013 - 2015
Linguistics track.GPA: 3.6/4.0
Bloomington, IN, USA
B.A. in Linguistics
2009 - 2013
Graduated with honors. GPA: 3.3/4.0
Exchange student, Linguistics and Philology
2010 - 2011
Erasmus Lifelong Learning Programme exchange student with full government scholarship for two semesters as part of B.A. degree.
2005 - 2009
Foreign language specialization.
2002 - 2005
1997 - 2002
Copy Editor & Proofreader
2018 - ongoing
• Check for grammar, spelling, logo usage, color and corporate guidelines, and consistent elements (trademarks, copyright, registration) on all agency printed materials.
• Check key lines against work order for size, legal information, versions, copy, and all elements.
Sworn Translator and Interpreter
2017 - ongoing
• Provide Turkish translation and interpretation services for clients for official documents, such as power of attorney documents, and federal appointments, such as USCIS immigration appointments.
2016 - 2017
• Provided financial analysis, reports and client account data utilizing Elite Enterprise queries.
• Initiated and implemented all aspects of accounting and client billing for legal services.
• Functioned as the primary point of contact for steady communication and workflow between 120+ personally assigned attorneys, their clients, and the firm management to ensure a positive customer-centric service.
• Managed a very fast-paced workflow by prioritizing and tracking tasks and deadlines.
2013 - 2015
• Conducted and managed human subject research at the Turkic and Central Eurasian Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition Laboratory.
• Created, designed and implemented six unique linguistic experiments and specific research methodologies on the phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax of more than 10 rare languages.
• Designed a website (www.ayter.com/ling) for recruiting; recruited over 200 participants. Instructed participants prior to experiments.
• Identified linguistic examinations on speech patterns by interpreting the collected speech data.
• Extracted data, transcribed and annotated recordings using IPA and SAMBA, and formed databases for further data narration, data visualization and linguistic data analysis to be used for numerous research articles.
• Reconciled and distributed research funds with IRB (Institutional Review Board) approval.
• Co-taught 2 graduate level courses on Linguistics, and designed teaching materials.
• Assisted gym management, personal trainers and group instructors with client integration, customer service, and data entry.
• Maintained the weight-lifting and cardio equipment and provided brief instructions for clients.
IFAA C Fitness Trainer Certificate
• IFAA - Akademie fur die Fitness, Wellness und Gesundheitsbranche | C-Lizenz
Gym & Cardio Instructor
• Instructed groups and individuals of all ages and levels in the fundamentals of fitness and bodybuilding.
• Maintained weight-lifting equipment, treadmills, and other gym equipment.
• Instructed clients on effective workout methods by demonstrating proper techniques and motions.
• Studied kinesiology and anatomy in order to better identify muscle groups and to explain appropriate methods to strengthen muscles.
• Provided bidirectional Turkish and English translations for articles on the monthly publications.
• Established social media channels and content as a team for community building. Promoted and increased content visibility on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Translated and analyzed Turkey's policy agenda regarding Eurasia by scanning both national and international news sources and press agencies.
• Published daily bulletins and reports for public dissemination on behalf of the think tank institution.